Track work safety (Turva)
This training programme prepares the participants for moving and working safely in and around railway environments without risk to railway transport. This training is required for individuals who need to move and work in a railway area that is part of the Finnish Transport Agency’s railway network.
- Railway network management and authorities
- Basic concepts of railway systems
- Specification of location
- Track work
- Basics of safety guard procedure
- Special characteristics and risks of railway systems
- Introduction to electrified railways
- Actions in case of incidents and accidents
- Theory test
The training programme consists of a theoretical part and a test. The duration of the training is one day. Theory part consists of 8 lessons. One lesson is 45 minutes.
After successfully completing the training, the participants will obtain a track work safety qualification which is valid for five years (until the end of the calendar year).